How to Stay Safe Online - SIGNED
A Digital Self-Care Toolkit for Developing Resilience and Allyship
'Seyi Akiwowo's work to make the online world safer, especially for Black women, is not only powerful, it's necessary' Nova Reid
'This helpful book is a crucial companion' Emma Gannon
A powerful, comprehensive guide for digital self-care and allyship from one of our leading activists for online equality, Seyi Akiwowo. Digital spaces are a positive force for change, connection and community, but left unregulated, they are not always safe. Globally, women are 27 times more likely than men to be harassed online.
This is worse for Black women who are 84% more likely to face online abuse than white women. There has been a 71% rise in online disability abuse and 78% of LGBTQ+ people have experienced hate speech online. How to Stay Safe Online will teach you how to spot, respond to and proactively defend yourself from online abuse and learn how to be a good ally to those experiencing it.
An urgent and necessary digital self-care tool, this book will help you to support victims and empower friends, teachers, parents and willing allies to help make online spaces safer. With a blend of practical advice, Seyi's personal experiences and interviews with Jameela Jamil, Hera Hussain, Gabby Jahanshahi-Edlin, Laura Bates, Yassmin Abdel-Magied, Luciana Berger and more!
How to Stay Safe Online will:
* Provide practical tips on how to confidently navigate online spaces
* Equip you with a range of responses to online abuse and how to effectively report
* Teach you how to set boundaries and use the internet as a force for good
* Help you create your own digital self-care plan
* Provide information for employers, the media, parents, teachers, tech companies and government on their role in online safety and easy recommendations. This will be the go-to guide to developing resilience, greater compassion for others and authentic allyship online.
'Accessible, empowering and potentially life-changing [...] everyone should read' Laura Bates
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way